Certificate in Nonprofit Management
at The University of Chicago Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice
and Community Programs Accelerator at the University of Chicago
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a two-year program for early to mid-stage nonprofit professionals working in or focused on Chicago's South Side.
Taught by Crown Family School faculty and industry practitioners, this certificate will equip participants with the hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge they need to operate an effective organization, build a productive board, develop sound financial tools and budgets, improve fundraising, explore marketing strategies, and evaluate programming.
- Bachelor's degree OR 300 hours of verifiable work or volunteer experience at a nonprofit
- Demonstrated commitment to Chicago's South Side neighborhoods
To be awarded a certificate of completion, participants must complete the following over a two-year period:
- Core Course taught by Crown Family School faculty
- Seven Community Education Workshops at the Community Programs Accelerator
- Leadership Capstone project
The core course will begin in late September 2021. Workshops will begin in January 2022 and will range from 1½ -4 hour sessions on each core competency, including Strategy, Board Governance, Financial Management, Operations, Program Design and Evaluation, Resource Development and Leadership.
This year's application deadline is Friday, August 20, 2021.