The Crown Family School's mission is to work toward a more just and human society, and we utilize a variety of methods to achieve that goal: research, education, and service to the community.
Our faculty and alumni work in numerous areas to make real, lasting change in our communities—like violence prevention, substance abuse, and enhancing access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunity. That's why your support of Crown Family School is so important.
Generous gifts and donations from people like you help us expand our reach and deepen our impact in so many areas of social justice.
How to Give
Here are three ways you can give to the Crown Family School:
- Online: Donate online; it's fast, easy, and secure. (If you wish to give to a specific fund, please note that in the comment box.)
- By Phone: Call 773.834.8803 or toll-free 888.824.4224 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST).
- By Mail: Send a check or credit card information to: Crown Family School Fund, University of Chicago Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice, 969 E. 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637
Supporting the Crown Family School Scholarship Funds
Scholarship support is our top priority. Help make a Crown Family School education a reality for our outstanding students. Your gift can be life-changing–providing financial aid or emergency financial assistance for a current student to continue their studies.
You can give a gift that will be applied where the need is greatest, or you can give to a specific fund:
- General Student Scholarships (The Crown Family School Fund)
- African American Alumni Committee (AAAC) Founders' Scholarship
Other Ways to Give
Are you interested in supporting the important work of the Crown Family School but don't have the resources to make a gift right now? If so, you might wish to include the Crown Family School in your estate plans.
Bequests—gifts through wills or living trusts—are simple to arrange reduce your taxable estate, and allow you to retain your assets during your lifetime. There is no minimum amount required for a bequest, and you may designate a specific sum or asset, provide for a fixed dollar amount or the residue of your estate to the Crown Family School.
You may also designate the Crown Family School as a beneficiary of a portion or all of your 401k, IRA or other retirement plan.
If you are able to make a gift now but would prefer to receive lifetime income in return, a deferred gift—such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust—may fulfill your financial and philanthropic objectives.
Many of these types of gifts offer significant tax benefits. For more information about these and other types of planned gifts, please contact the Office of Gift Planning at 773.702.3130.