Becoming a Field Placement Site
Crown Family School collaborates with over 600 organizations and community-based programs to provide educational field work. We welcome new partners to help advance our mission of working toward a more just and humane society.
Our field placement vetting process includes:
The field placement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status, and does not discriminate against members of protected classes under the law.
The agency shall be in good standing in the community and in the profession. It should qualify for membership in appropriate standard-setting bodies.
The agency can provide the student with learning opportunities which represent a range of experiences within the specific function of the agency, and which are consistent with the intent of placement type. Student tasks should support the development of all nine competencies detailed from the Council on Social Work Education
Field Instructors should possess:
- Advanced professional degree from an accredited school of social work. While Master’s level, LCSW is preferred, in exceptional instances, practitioners with other professional qualifications and skills will be accepted without the social work degree. In these cases, the Field Consultant will monitor the student's experiences to insure that a social work focus is maintained.
- Minimum of three years post master's experience in the field
- Employed at placement site for minimum of one year
- An understanding of “the person in context” and the unique lens of the social work perspective.
- Interest in serving in the role of a teacher and facilitate development of student competencies and practice behaviors
- Institutional support for adequate time spent on Field Instruction duties (Attend Field Instructor trainings, 1 hour of weekly supervision, completing learning agreements and evaluations, timely communication with student and Field Consultant)
After submitting the required forms, Crown Family School Field Education staff will schedule a site visit at your organization. This visit allows us to connect in person, strategize on making the placement a success, and offer an initial orientation to our program and policies.