Areas of Expertise
Contextually Focused Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 43800 Skills for Conducting Psychotherapy with Chronically Distressed Persons
- 40403 Fundamentals of Behavioral Therapy
- Owner and Therapist, Intention Therapy
- Clinical Director and DBT Specialist, Proactive Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapist and Training Consultant, Ann Arbor DBT Center
- Clinical Director and Therapist, Prince William Family Counseling
- Medical Social Worker, Palomar Health
- Clinical Case Manager, Mental Health Systems Incorporated
Fields of Special Interest
- Mental Health
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Training
Presentations (last 3 years)
- Lawson, L. (2020).Treating Co-occurring Disorders with DBT. Presentation to the Women’s Association for Addiction Treatment. Chicago, IL.
- Lawson, L. & Thompkins, A. (2020). Using Mindfulness to Weather the Storm of COVID-19. Presentation to the Chicago Junior League. Chicago, IL.
- Lawson, L. (2020). Mindfulness as a Self-Care Strategy for Vicarious Trauma. Presentation to undergraduate students at Northeastern Illinois University. Chicago, IL.
- Hartford, C. & Lawson, L. (2019). Treating Complex Cases with DBT. A one-day training at the Ann Arbor DBT Center. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Hartford, C. & Lawson L. (2019). DBT for Youth and Families.A two-day training at the Ann Arbor DBT Center. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Hartford, C. & Lawson, L. (2019). DBT for Youth and Families. A four-day training at the Detroit Behavioral Institute. Detroit, MI.
- Hartford, C. & Lawson, L. (2018). Individual DBT. A two-day training at the Ann Arbor DBT Center. Ann Arbor, MI.
- Lawson, L. (2017). DBT for Suicidal Adolescents. A presentation to graduate students at the University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI.