The University of Chicago Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice invites you to join us for the year’s first event in our series, On Theory and Method, with renowned poet and political scientist Dr. Tamim Al-Barghouti. Dr. Al-Barghouti is among the most widely read Palestinian poets of his generation.
Tuesday, October 10, 2023, 5:30-8:00 PM
Doors open at 5:00 PM; Light refreshments and beverages will be served.
The University of Chicago Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice
Edith Abbott Hall, Library, 969 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637
This in-person event is free and open to the public; Registration is required.
About the Conversation
After a poetry reading and brief remarks, Dr. Reuben Jonathan Miller and Shereen Bader will join Dr. Al-Barghouti for a conversation on Palestine, art, and acts of resistance, family, exile, and social change. Their discussion will center what’s possible, even under seemingly impossible circumstances.
About the Event
• In-person event. Free to attend but registration is required.
• Program will not be recorded.
• CEUs will not be offered for this program.
• General admission is based on first-come-first seated.
• Public transportation is recommended. Limited street parking available along the Midway Plaisance. The University open-air parking lots (closest located on the corner of 61st and Ellis Avenue) are free and open to the public after 5:00 PM
If you have any questions about access or to request a reasonable accommodation that will facilitate your full participation in this event such as ASL interpreting, captioned videos, Braille or electronic text, food options for individuals with dietary restrictions, etc. please contact the event organizer.