Kathryn Kelly Carroll
969 E. 60th St.
969 E. 60th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
Areas of Expertise
Trauma-informed Clinical Practice
Violence and Trauma
This two-quarter course introduces students to the issues and problems associated with social welfare interventions at the community, agency, and policy levels. Students...
- Bocanegra, K., Aguilar, N., Lee, J., Carroll, K. & Hyun-Seok, C. (2021) Between a bullet and its target: Street intervention, trauma exposure, and professional implications.
- Rufa, A. K., Carroll, K. K., Lofgreen, A., Klassen, B., Held, P., & Zalta, A. K. (2022). “You're going to look at me differently”: A qualitative study of disclosure experiences among survivors of military sexual assault. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 00 1- 13.
- Lofgreen, A.M., Tirone, V., Carroll, K. K., Rufa, A. K., Smith, D. L. Bagley, J., Zalta, A.K., Brennan, M. B., Van Horn, R., Pollack, M. H., & Held, P. (2020). Improving outcomes for a 3-week intensive treatment program for posttraumatic stress disorder in survivors of military sexual trauma. Journal of Affective Disorders 269, 134-140.
Course: 30000 Social Intervention: Programs and Policies
Post-master's Job Experience:
- Outpatient Medical Social Work (Veterans Administration)
- Outpatient Mental Health Clinician (Rush Road Home Program)
- Trauma Specialist (Chicago CRED)
- Associate Director of Behavioral Health and Wellness (Institute for Nonviolence Chicago, current)
Fields of Special Interest:
- Complex and Ongoing Traumatic Stress
- Community Violence Intervention
- Trauma and Public Policy
- Layperson-delivered Clinical Interventions