Loss and, as a result, grief are universal human experiences relevant to all areas of social work practice. This course teaches the knowledge and skills to work with...
This course provides a systems-based conceptual and technical foundation for social work practice with families, considering multigenerational family life-cycle...
Magariel, J. (2021, In Press). Habits of the heart. In R. A. Neimeyer (Ed.), New Techniques of Grief Therapy: Bereavement and Beyond. New York, NY: Routledge.
Magariel, J. (2015). Relationship review. In R. A. Neimeyer (Ed.), Techniques of grief therapy: Assessment and intervention (pp. 228-231). New York, NY: Routledge.
- 40800 Family Systems Approaches to Practice
Post-master's Job Experience
- Regional Director of Patient Experience, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care, Rosemont, IL
- Director of LIFE Institute, Rainbow Hospice & Palliative Care, Mount Prospect, IL
- Manager of Grief & Loss Services, Rainbow Hospice & Palliative Care, Mount Prospect, IL
- Social Work Patient Care Manager, Rainbow Hospice & Palliative Care, Mount Prospect, IL
- Bereavement Counselor, Rainbow Hospice & Palliative Care, Mount Prospect, IL
- Clinical Therapist, Children's Home + Aid/The Youth Campus, Chicago, IL
- Hospice Social Worker, Namaste Hospice, Denver, CO
Fields of Special Interest
- Clinical social work
- Death and dying
- Family systems and family therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Grief and Bereavement, July 2019, The Coleman Palliative Medicine Training Program.
- Habits of the Heart: Attachment Reframing in Grief Therapy: June 2017, International Death, Grief, and Bereavement Conference (IDGB Conference); April 2018, Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC) National Conference; September 2018, ADEC Webinar.