Areas of Expertise
Criminal Justice Policy
Research interests: Pre K-12 Education; Criminal Justice; Juvenile Justice; School Discipline; Anti-Adultism; Socioemotional Learning; Play Therapy
- Hill, A.B., Washinton, D.M., Kern, L., Harper, T., The Role of Social Workers in Transforming the American Educational System as a Means to Carceral Abolition. (Accepted)
- Washington, D.M., & Hill, A. (2020) Contextualizing Contemporary Black Resistance. American Muslim Health Professionals.
- Hill, A. B., Washington, D. M., Kern, L. J., Harper, T. J. (2021, March) Symposium Presenter. The Role of Social Workers in Transforming the American Educational System as a Means to Carceral Abolition. Social Work, White Supremacy, and Racial Justice: Reckoning with Our History, Interrogating our Present, Re-Imagining our Future Symposium.
- Hill, A. (2020). “Rethinking the Sense of Belonging of Black Students within the American Education System.” Equitable Learning & Development Project, Framework for Liberatory Education: First Installment. Chicago: Next System Learning. [Forthcoming]
- Chick, C. F., Rounds, J. D., Hill, A. B., & Anderson, A. K. (2020). My body, your emotions: Viscerosomatic modulation of facial expression discrimination. Biological psychology, 149, 107779.
- 32700 Human Behavior in the Social Environment