Research interests: Street-level education policy and politics; Adolescent mental health & holistic wellbeing; Alternative schools; School-prison nexus; Juvenile legal system; Community-based mental health and non-profit settings; white femininity; School social work; Community-engaged mixed methods research; Critical feminist research and practice
- Guz, S. & Washington, D.M. (2021). A proposal could institute fines and mandatory counseling for families. South Side Weekly. https://southsideweekly.com/criminalizing-childhood/
- Ewing, E. L., Davis, B., & Guz, S. (2021). “I hope I make It”: Alternative school students’ attendance and the need for an expanded accountability. Urban Education, 00420859211027618.
- Guz, S., Kattari, S. K., Atteberry-Ash, B., Klemmer, C. L., Call, J., & Kattari, L. (2021). Depression and suicide risk at the cross-section of sexual orientation and gender identity for youth. Journal of Adolescent Health, 68(2), 317-323.
- 49650 Race, Racism, and Resistance in Public School Policy and Practice
Post-master's Job Experience
- Therapist at Lawrence Hall
- Case manager at Bright Star Community Outreach